Helping business, working together, making art — these are a few reasons why Petaluma is in the news!
- Sonic increases fiber connectivity in south Petaluma: The city is in talks with Sonic to expand fiber-optic service and give 258 businesses on the south side of town access to super-fast internet.
- Community group forms to promote unity: Petaluma leaders from nonprofits and religious organizations are joining together in a nonpartisan effort to connect the community.
- Petaluma farmer turns worms and food waste into a business: Ron Cromwell is vermicomposting, a technique involves feeding organic waste to worms and then collecting the nutrient-rich manure they secrete.
- Dominic Bianco makes feel-good music: Petaluma’s Kala Brand Music Co. endorsed the 28-year-old local musician, who fronts a band called Domenic Bianco and the Soulshake.
- Petaluma artist makes paints from nature: Ane Carla Rovetta uses natural materials like redwood cones, oak galls, walnuts, pomegranates and sumac to make paint for her art.